Extreme Gaming Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme Gaming Alliance

We are the extremes, We play to win, We play for fun.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some instructions for new members

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Some instructions for new members Empty
PostSubject: Some instructions for new members   Some instructions for new members EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:34 am

This is to help new members find there way around. I have been asked a few questions already by people and I figure instead of explaining it every time I would make a post to help. Hope the OV's and the higher ups don't mind me posting this much info. First off if your new and reading this you already figured out how to view a forum, as for posting forums here are the steps.

1. When you enter the site you see selectable categories such as index, portal, calendar, FAQ, Memberlist, usergroups, Profile Messages and Logout. Click on Index and you will get a new screen.
2. On that new screen scroll down till you see the topics such as EGA Leaders, Newcomers Corner, ect. Click on the one you desire to post in. I am going to use gaming talk as an example.
3. Once you click on Gaming Talk you will now see another group of topics such as Xbox 360, Wii and PS3.
4. Click on the desired topic my example involves the Xbox 360.
5. After clicking your desired topic such as BEST GAME for 360 you now enter the forum. This part is important.
6. In the top corner you will see two options, New Topic and Post Reply. They each do something majorly different.
7. Depending on what your planning on doing will depend on which one you click. I skipped one of them but will go back. If you intend to respond in a currently made forum you click post reply and it will bring up a black box. Simply type your response to the forum in there.
8. Now going back a step before you select a forum after you select Xbox 360 but before you chose the forum such as favorite 360 game, you can create a new topic such as new Xbox 360 games.
9. To do this you click the new topic icon which is next to the post reply and again you will get the black box.
10. For this part if you are making a forum called New Xbox 360 games you would type that in the subject section right above the black box and in the black box type something like anyone know any new Xbox 360 games coming out and then click send. Well there you have it. Now you know how to make a new forum and post a reply to another. I hope you take the time to read this and I hope it wasn't to confusing.

Last edited by skeith24 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Im not done editing yet.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some instructions for new members   Some instructions for new members EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 am

OMG well freakin done. thats very impressive skeith.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some instructions for new members   Some instructions for new members EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:22 am

thx i just do what i can to help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some instructions for new members   Some instructions for new members EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:24 am

VERY GOOD $ THUROGH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some instructions for new members   Some instructions for new members Empty

Back to top Go down

Some instructions for new members
Page 1 of 1